Ticketing Enquiries :
Programme Enquiries :
Credit Card Telephone Booking :
16 SEPTEMBER 2017 (SAT) 8PM
From Creation to Jubilation
Auditoriumm Tsuen Wan Town Hall
Tickets: $160, $140, $100
The Creation - Joseph Haydn
Benedicite - Vaughan Williams
Jubilate Deo - Dan Forrest
Conductor: Prof CHAN Wing-wah
Guest Conductor: Matthew LEUNG
Soprano - Louise KWONG,
Tenor - CHEN Chen,
Bass - Edmund KWAN
Choir: Hong Kong Oratorio Society
- Belilios Public School Choir,
- SKH Lam Woo Memorial Secondary School Choir,
- St. Paul's College Treble Choir
Organ: WONG Kin Yu
Orchestra: Hong Kong Strings
Acknowledgement: Leisure and Cultural Services Department
- Presenter reserves the right to change the programme and artists.
- Audience is strongly advised to arrive punctually. Latecomers will only be admitted during the intermission or at a suitable break.
- The performance will run for about 2 hours and 15 minutes, including a 15 minute intermission.
- Tickets available from 16 August at URBTIX outlets, on Internet, by Mobile Ticketing App and Credit Card Telephone Booking.
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 or above, people with disabilities & CSSA recipients: 50% off
- Hong Kong Oratorio Society members: 30% off
- Group Booking Discount: 10% off for each purchase of 4-9 standard tickets; 15% off for each purchase of 10-19 standard tickets; 20% off for each purchase of 20 or more standard tickets.
The Hong Kong Oratorio Society (HKOS) is a non-profit-making organization founded in 1956 by Mr Theodore Huang and a group of music enthusiasts who believed that choral singing and music would bring joy to the singers and the listeners alike, as well as enhancing the personal quality and enriching the spiritual and cultural life of the audience.
From a humble start of a handful of music enthusiasts to over a hundred members with different nationalities, the HKOS guided by generations of great musicians has become the most active choir with the longest history and the largest membership in Hong Kong. It usually presents five concerts per year with a total of more than three hundred concerts presented over the past years. Its repertoire covers oratorios and major choral works by classical and contemporary composers including the masterpieces of Bach, Handel, Haydn, Mozart, Mendelssohn and Chinese composers Xian Xinghai and Huang Zi, etc. Many of these works were debuted in Hong Kong.