Ticketing Enquiries :
Programme Enquiries :
Credit Card Telephone Booking :
15 Sep 2018 (SAT) 8PM
A Concert of Choral Masterpieces
Auditorium, Tsuen Wan Town Hall
Tickets: $160; $140; $100
16th Century Renaissance: The Heavenly Sound
- Palestrina : Missa Aeterna Christi Munera - Kyrie, Agnus Dei
Medieval: The Ancient Voices
- Ambrosian Hymn: Aeterna Christi Munera
The Elegant Classical Style
- Haydn: The Creation Selections
The Romantic Passion
- Mendelssohn: Elijah Selections
The Baroque Grandeur
- The German Precision: J.S. Bach : Magnificat
- The English Royal: Handel: Messiah’s Hallelujah
Conductor/Commentator: Prof CHAN Wing-wah, JP
Soloists: Petrus CHEUNG (Baritone), Wesley LAM(Tenor) & Student Soloists
Choir: Hong Kong Oratorio Society
Guest Choir: SKH Lam Woo Memorial Secondary School Choir
Orchestra: Hong Kong Strings
Acknowledgement: Leisure and Cultural Services Department
- Presenter reserves the right to change the programme and artists.
- Audience is strongly advised to arrive punctually. Latecomers will only be admitted during the intermission or at a suitable break.
- The performance will run for about 2 hours and 15 minutes, including a 15 minute intermission.
- Tickets available from 5 Mar at URBTIX outlets, on Internet, by Mobile Ticketing App and Credit Card Telephone Booking.
- Full-time Students (50% off)
- Senior Citizens Aged 60 or Above (50% off)
- People with Disabilities & the Minder* (50% off)
- Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Recipients (50% off)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
Group Booking Discount:
- Each purchase of 4-9 standard tickets (10% off)
- Each purchase of 10-19 standard tickets (15% off)
- Each purchase of 20 or more standard tickets (20% off)
Discounts only available at URBTIX outlets upon presentation of the following valid membership card:
Member of Hong Kong Oratorio Society (30% off)
The Hong Kong Oratorio Society (HKOS) is a non-profit-making organization founded in 1956 by Mr Theodore Huang and a group of music enthusiasts who believed that choral singing and music would bring joy to the singers and the listeners alike, as well as enhancing the personal quality and enriching the spiritual and cultural life of the audience.
From a humble start of a handful of music enthusiasts to over a hundred members with different nationalities, the HKOS guided by generations of great musicians has become the most active choir with the longest history and the largest membership in Hong Kong. It usually presents five concerts per year with a total of more than three hundred concerts presented over the past years. Its repertoire covers oratorios and major choral works by classical and contemporary composers including the masterpieces of Bach, Handel, Haydn, Mozart, Mendelssohn and Chinese composers Xian Xinghai and Huang Zi, etc. Many of these works were debuted in Hong Kong.